[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk TRACEBACK from dc1-lsw01

Paul-Andre Panon paul-andre.panon at avigilon.com
Tue Jan 23 02:04:43 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, January 16, 2018 11:59 AM, I wrote:

>I've got a bunch of tracebacks regularly happening from one group of similarly configured Ubuntu 16.04 servers, but not for any other 16.04 servers.
>
>The URIs that are usually triggering the errors are dep11/icons-64x64.tar and dep11/Components-amd64.yml, and some compressed versions of those files on the primary channel and all of the child channels.
>URI: ///XMLRPC/GET-REQ/xenial-backports/dep11/icons-64x64.tar
>URI: ///XMLRPC/GET-REQ/xenial-backports/dep11/Components-amd64.yml
>URI: ///XMLRPC/GET-REQ/xenial-updates/dep11/icons-64x64.tar
>URI: ///XMLRPC/GET-REQ/xenial-updates-universe/dep11/icons-64x64.tar
>etc.
>
>Dep11 appears to refer to additional metadata information available for newer versions of Debian packaging https://wiki.debian.org/DEP-11. Since only some servers are affected,  does anyone have any idea what packages could be triggering this and why? Is there any way to suppress these errors? The patching appears to success despite the errors.

I did some more research this morning about all the dep11 errors I’ve been getting from some servers.
It looks like the reason is that the some servers have a GUI installed whereas most of the other Ubuntu servers are running without a GUI.
I wound up using midenok’s instructions in the link below to remove the dep11 usage from the GUI package managers that appear to be causing those errors.
https://askubuntu.com/questions/823329/how-do-i-disable-fetching-of-dep-11-files

Paul-Andre Panon
Senior systems administrator