[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk 2.8 clients not checking in

Jason W. Lewis jwlewis at microcenter.com
Wed Jul 18 20:36:23 UTC 2018

Hi All,

I just upgraded to 2.8 (server and some clients) and now the clients that have been upgraded aren’t checking in anymore.  I’ve tried restarting the rhnsd service, even rebooted the system, and still nothing.  I’ve looked at /var/log/up2date, and there’s no activity since the time rhnsd was last started.  It looks like rhn_check just isn’t getting run.  I ran it manually and the system checked in and picked up the chain I had waiting for it.

Is anyone familiar with this enough to provide a solution, or at least know enough to help me get started troubleshooting this?

Thank you,
--
Jason Lewis
Senior Systems Engineer @Micro Electronics, Inc.