[Spacewalk-list] Error importing new Spacewalk cert (pre-2.5)

Eckert, Doug doug.eckert at dowjones.com
Thu Jul 26 11:54:22 UTC 2018

We have a multi-org configuration on our old Spacewalk server (v1.5), which
I need to keep going as we migrate to a new one. Of course the cert expired
recently. I pulled down the new GPG key and cert

wget
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/spacewalkproject/spacewalk/SPACEWALK-2.4/branding/setup/spacewalk-cert-key.gpg
--no-check-certificate
wget
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/spacewalkproject/spacewalk/SPACEWALK-2.4/branding/setup/spacewalk-public.cert
--no-check-certificate

The GPG key imported fine, but when I try to install the new spacewalk
cert, I get an error about not enough entitlements in the base org.

# rhn-satellite-activate --disconnected --rhn-cert=spacewalk-public.cert

ERROR: RHN Entitlement Certificate failed to validate:
Exception reported from xxx.xxx.xxx
Time: Thu Jul 26 07:52:48 2018
Exception type psycopg2.InternalError

Exception Handler Information
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/spacewalk/satellite_tools/rhn_satellite_activate.py",
line 199, in activateSatellite_local
    satCerts.storeRhnCert(cert, check_generation=1,
check_version=not(options.ignore_version_mismatch))
  File
"/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/spacewalk/satellite_tools/satCerts.py",
line 293, in storeRhnCert
    set_slots_from_cert(sc)
  File
"/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/spacewalk/satellite_tools/satCerts.py",
line 195, in set_slots_from_cert
    activate_system_entitlement(org_id, db_label, quantity)
  File
"/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/spacewalk/server/rhnSQL/driver_postgresql.py",
line 107, in __call__
    result = Function.__call__(self, *args)
  File
"/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/spacewalk/server/rhnSQL/driver_postgresql.py",
line 85, in __call__
    ret = self.cursor.execute(query, args)
InternalError: -20290 : (not_enough_entitlements_in_base_org) - You do not
have enough entitlements in the base org.
CONTEXT:  SQL statement "SELECT  rhn_exception.raise_exception(
'not_enough_entitlements_in_base_org')"
PL/pgSQL function "activate_system_entitlement" line 36 at PERFORM

Of course, I can't log in to check orgs/entitlements.