[Spacewalk-list] Errata deployment

Avi Miller avi.miller at oracle.com
Thu Jun 7 20:39:09 UTC 2018

Hi

> On 7 Jun 2018, at 11:30 pm, jin&hitman&Barracuda <jinhitman at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Here is the name differences between errata and error sections
>
> in error :
> lvm2-libs-7:2.02.177-4.0.2.el7.x86_64

This is showing the epoch of the RPM (7:) at the beginning.

> in errata
> lvm2-libs-2.02.177.4.0.2.el7:7-x86_64

This has the epoch displayed at the end (el:7).

> I do not want to believe this naming differences cause this errors but the errroe messages have this detail as a common point.

This is an Oracle Linux errata, so if you have Oracle Linux support I recommend opening an SR with us so we can make sure the errata metadata was created accurately. It would also be good to see the actual yum command being attempted by Spacewalk (to see if it's being created correct). Likewise, it would be interesting to see if yum can do an errata update itself, i.e. if "yum updateinfo info" works on the client(s) and shows the right detail.

Thanks,
Avi

--
Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Avi Miller | Product Management Director | +61 (3) 8616 3496