[Spacewalk-list] spacewalk : clone channel

Jérôme Meyer Jerome.Meyer at lcsystems.ch
Tue Jun 26 13:21:33 UTC 2018

Hi Team,

I'm implementing the clone channel for my environment and some points are still unclear.
It's perhaps some small thing but I need some clarification and all are not in documentation ;)

1) spacewalk-clone-by-date vs. spacewalk-manage-channel-lifecycle
I've tried both and it seems to be same result however the second one command are really faster. Is really a difference between the both commands?

2) When I start the command one month later to clone the channels (dev/test/prod), will packages in these channels be added or overwritten? I didn't want to delete and re-create them each time.

3) Last but not least, no new packages are sync (see below) but there're some erratas in epel7-centos7-x86_64.
Sync started: Tue Jun 26 02:49:42 2018
['/usr/bin/spacewalk-repo-sync', '--channel', 'centos7-x86_64', '--type', 'yum']
Repo URL: http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=7&arch=x86_64&repo=os
Packages in repo:              9911
No new packages to sync.
Repo http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=7&arch=x86_64&repo=os has comps file comps.xml.
Repo http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=7&arch=x86_64&repo=os has 0 errata.
Sync completed.
Total time: 0:06:31
But there're nothing to updated on client: yum update -> 0
Could be possible? Are these erratas not for my hosts? How could I checkup?

Thank a lot in advance and best regards,
J.