[Spacewalk-list] activation keys

Nicole Beck nskyrca at syr.edu
Thu Mar 22 13:44:22 UTC 2018

Thank you for the reply David.
We are not using Spacewalk to kickstart servers, as we have another server for that. For now, we just want to use it for patching management.  I'm just learning to use Spacewalk and we have a pretty simple channel setup.

Centos6 (base)
  |_ centos6-updates
  |_ spacewalk27
  |_ epel
Centos7
  |_ centos7-base
  |_ centos7-updates
  |_ spacewalk27
  |_ epel

I plan to add ULN channels as well.  It sounds like doing what you suggested and having an activation key for each OS and register with the appropriate key is probably the easiest.

Thanks again.
Nicole