[Spacewalk-list] install packages in set of group

Yakin, Francis Francis.Yakin at windriver.com
Thu Mar 22 23:00:01 UTC 2018

Thanks Michael

Francis

-----Original Message-----
From: spacewalk-list-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:spacewalk-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Michael Mraka
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2018 4:12 AM
To: spacewalk-list at redhat.com
Subject: Re: [Spacewalk-list] install packages in set of group

Yakin, Francis:

> I have about 50 machines(CentOS 6.9), so I created a group
>
> How can I patch a group which consisting 50 servers at once?

Hello Francis,

In 'Systems > System Groups' create a group an assign servers to it.
Then click 'Use in SSM' and then you can choose to apply errata or install/upgrade/remove package on hosts from the group using System Set Manager.

> And how can list what packages has been installed after that by group, not by individual server.

SSM will create an action and you can see result of the action in 'Schedule' tab.

> Thanks
>
> Francis Yakin | IT System Admin |  direct: 510-749-2027
> 500 Wind River Way, Alameda, CA  94501
> [cid:image001.png at 01D12D0C.E17713F0]<http://www.windriver.com/>
> AN INTEL COMPANY

Michael Mráka