[Spacewalk-list] Errata files

Avi Miller avi.miller at oracle.com
Thu May 31 22:26:54 UTC 2018

Hi,

> On 1 Jun 2018, at 8:18 am, jin&hitman&Barracuda <jinhitman at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thank you Avi for this explanation. How did i know that there is a weird situation, becouse whole errata counts is really less than channel's (lets say oraclelinux6) errata counts. I did not count every single errata but web page says these are different. When i follow web page "Errata -> All" it says there are 1900 errata and "Channels -> Oracle Linux 6" has 7000 errata. These aren't the Actual numbers but i saw that total errata count is way too much less than channel's errata counts. Is this normal ?

It's normal. :)

Using your numbers, there have been 7000 errata released since the initial GA of Oracle Linux 6 (back in 2011). However, only 1900 errata are currently active. The other 5100 errata have been superseded by one of the 1900 active ones, i.e. an RPM that's had 10 errata since release only has 1 active/latest one and 9 older ones.

Does that make sense?

Cheers,
Avi

--
Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Avi Miller | Product Management Director | +61 (3) 8616 3496