[Spacewalk-list] RHEL 7 - Spacewalk

Raymond Setchfield raymond.setchfield at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 10:52:52 UTC 2018

Thanks for the clarification and the answer from RedHat.

Does anyone have a how to guide on adding this into spacewalk?

Ray

Op Donderdag, 13-09-2018 om 08:41 schreef Andrei Popenta:

> Hi,

> I've opened a case at redhat and asked them about this.

> here is their answer:

> Getting back to you question "Is it ok to sync RHEL channels in

> Spacewalk and use that to manage updates for servers running rhel or

> is this considered to be a license infringement ?"

> Answer: Systems will be under no support from Red Hat if you are

> updating them from upstream spacewalk.

> BR,

> Andrei

Seems like too easy an answer. I don't recall reading anywhere that Red Hat
can dictate which package distribution tool you use on your end. They even
document how to make a local repository for internal distribution of
packages, so whether or not you do that via spacewalk should then be none
of their concern.

I think that as long as you pay your license fee and you install official
Red Hat packages, Red Hat must provide you with the support you paid for. I
never received the question from Red Hat on "how I updated a server", but
if relevant "did you update the server".

Franky