[Spacewalk-list] avoiding the thundering herd

Guy Matz guymatz at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 21:40:35 UTC 2019

Hello!  I am going to be upgrading a number of servers and don't want them
all banging on my spacewalk server at the same time to download packages .
. .  I was hoping to be able to "stage" the updates on the servers
before-hand, then trigger the update via spacewalk.  I was hoping this
might result in a faster upgrade process on the day of upgrades, making the
upgrade a bit easier to deal with . . .

Any thoughts on how to go about this?  Any suggestions otherwise?

Thanks a lot,
Guy