[Spacewalk-list] avoiding the thundering herd

Jaimie Livingston jaimie.livingston at peoplefluent.com
Tue Apr 9 22:26:37 UTC 2019

I would suggest using a proxy server and register groups of servers to
different proxies.
For example, I have proxies setup for each of the geographically dispersed
datacenters I work in, and the servers in each datacenter connect to the
local proxy, rather than have to connect back to the primary spacewalk
server.

You could do something similar, but for groups of servers in your
organization.

https://github.com/spacewalkproject/spacewalk/wiki/proxy

*Jaimie Livingston*
Operations Engineer

If you have received this email in error please notify the sender.  Please
note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of
the author and do not necessarily represent those of PeopleFluent.
PeopleFluent accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus
transmitted by this email and therefore you should check this email and any
attachments for the presence of viruses.