[Spacewalk-list] Issues with SW 2.8 and Ubuntu 18.04 Clients

Paul-Andre Panon paul-andre.panon at avigilon.com
Sat Aug 31 00:23:01 UTC 2019

Actually, I did some updates to the SP today and my preliminary testing is
encouraging. I have a couple of systems where the needed list isn't
updating, which is why I'm not 100% confident it works (although it did
work properly for the systems where the needed list did update). I'm
hoping that will clear up over the next couple of days, but you could try
it now. If you want to roll back to the previous versions, you can still
access them by clicking on the Show Obsolete link.

Cheers,

Paul-Andre

On  Thu, 29 Aug 2019 11:47:54 +0000, <Javier.Flores at gmz.migros.ch> wrote:

>Hi
>
>Yes, there is no solution for this. As far as I understood, the way
Ubuntu names some their packages doesn?t make it easy to solve this
problem in Spacewalk.

>I can live with this. I only have a couple of Ubuntu systems registered
and for APT this is not an issue.

>If it bothers you, I guess you could remove the packages from the
channels and exclude them in the repository configuration so they wouldn?t
show up in Spacewalk anymore. You would have to check the package
dependencies first to make sure you don?t break anything.

<spacewalk-list-bounces at redhat.com> Im Auftrag von Thomas M?ller
>>Gesendet: Thursday, August 29, 2019 12:59 PM
>>An: spacewalk-list at redhat.com
>>Betreff: Re: [Spacewalk-list] Issues with SW 2.8 and Ubuntu 18.04
Clients

>>Hi Javier,
>>
>>no luck, it ends with the result like in the latest statement from
ppanon-avi in Bugzilla Report...

--

Your privacy is important to us. That is why we have taken appropriate
measures to ensure the data you provide to us is kept secure. To learn more

Attention: Privacy Compliance Program, P.O.
Box 59263, Schaumburg, IL USA, 60159-0263