[Spacewalk-list] Unable to create Spacewalk kickstart distribution due to initrd could not be found error.

Avi Miller avi.miller at oracle.com
Mon Dec 9 20:09:06 UTC 2019

Hey David,

> On 9 Dec 2019, at 10:54 am, David <djh2070 at email.vccs.edu> wrote:
>
> I think that parts on me because I mucked up the configs on this server. The question I have is why is behavior different when mounting the ISO vs using a dedicated directory?

There are hidden dot files in the root of the ISO image that you may not have copied across. Spacewalk looks for those files as part of its checks. The easiest way to provide an ISO for kickstart is exactly what you eventually did: loop mount the ISO. :)

Cheers,
Avi

--
Avi Miller | Senior Manager | +61 (03) 8616-3496
Oracle Linux and VM Product Management