[Spacewalk-list] Yum.pid...

Dave Thoms dave.t at truhearing.com
Thu Feb 7 15:11:31 UTC 2019

All,

I am running Spacewalk 2.8 on Centos 7.x.  I have noticed /var/run/yum.pid files being created early morning (around 5.30am) on Centos *6* servers ONLY.  I thought it might be the yum-cron service running yum - but it is disabled.  I also see in Spacewalk that the time of last checkin coincides with the creation date of the /var/run/yum.pid file.  I wouldn't normally care about yum.pid being created...but that is causing alerts.

Does anyone know how to get Spacewalk to cleanup the yum.pid file?

Thanks in advance,

Dave T.

The information in this e-mail (including attachments, if any) is considered confidential and is intended only for the recipient(s) listed above. Any review, use, disclosure, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited except by or on behalf of the intended recipient. If you have received this email in error, please notify me immediately by reply e-mail, delete this e-mail, and do not disclose its contents to anyone. Any opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual and not necessarily the TruHearing group. Thank you.