[Spacewalk-list] Repository filters

D. Salvatore dd.salvatore at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 14:09:20 UTC 2019

Hi all,
I am new in Spacewalk (sorry if the question can be very easy).
I am trying to configure the repository and channels in Spacewalk. In
particular, I would like to download from EPEL only selected packages and
not everything, e.g. only spacewalk* packages.

I set up the repo URL and I applied the filter    *-* +*spacewalk**   to do
download only spacewalk. However, no packages are downloaded and I cannot
understand why. I also try other different filters but, when I set any
filter, the result is almost always the same (see log below).

Do you have any advice on how should I set them to obtain only the desired
packages?

Thanks,
Salvatore

# /usr/bin/python2 -u /usr/bin/spacewalk-repo-sync --channel
channel-epel-x64 --type yum
13:56:55 ======================================
13:56:55 | Channel: channel-epel-x64
13:56:55 ======================================
13:56:55 Sync of channel started.
13:56:55
13:56:55   Processing repository with URL:
https://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/7/x86_64/
13:56:57
13:56:57   Importing comps file comps.xml.
13:57:38     Packages in repo:             12914
13:57:38     Packages passed filter rules:     0
13:57:38     No new packages to sync.
13:57:40
13:57:40   Errata in repo: 4447.
13:59:46     No new errata to sync.
13:59:46 Sync of channel completed in 0:02:51.
13:59:46 Total time: 0:02:51