[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk - Patching Log Files

P.Cookson at bham.ac.uk P.Cookson at bham.ac.uk
Wed Jan 9 11:23:37 UTC 2019

Good morning all

I've found that /var/log/yum.log, on client systems, isn't updated when patching RHEL 6/7 systems from a Spacewalk server (v2.8). I know details of patching activities can be found in the Schedule > Completed Actions or yum history, after the event, but is there any log on client or server that can be monitored from the command line actually during patching? It's just to monitor the patching activity, really, rather than a need to trace a problem or similar. If not, I presume that's because the details you see in Schedule > Actions are actually being directly written to the embedded PostgreSQL database?

Regards

Philip Cookson
Linux Administrator
IT Services