[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk 2.9 Released!

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Mon Jan 14 13:19:00 UTC 2019

Hello everyone,

We are proudly announcing release of Spacewalk 2.9, a systems management
solution.

Spacewalk 2.9 could be installed on

    * RHEL 6
    * RHEL 7
    * Fedora 27
    * Fedora 28
    * Fedora 29

The download location is

https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/g/spacewalkproject/spacewalk-2.9/

with client repositories under

https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/g/spacewalkproject/spacewalk-2.9-client/

SUSE Linux client packages can be found here

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/systemsmanagement:/spacewalk:/2.9/

For fresh installations, please use steps from

https://github.com/spacewalkproject/spacewalk/wiki/HowToInstall

If you plan to upgrade from older release, search no more -- the
following page will guide you:

https://github.com/spacewalkproject/spacewalk/wiki/HowToUpgrade

Features & Enhancements in Spacewalk 2.9

    * Spacewalk now installable on Fedora 29

    * Spacewalk supports Fedora 29 and Fedora rawhide clients

    * All packages and repositories are exclusively in https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/

    * Spacewalk server is now capable of syncing and distributing
      of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 Beta content

    * Number of bugfixes

    Updated API calls:
         * errata.create/setDetails - add possibility to manage severities

Contributors

Our thanks go to the community members who contributed to this release:

    Chris Bajumpaa
    Neal Gompa
    Robert Paschedag
    Angelo Lisco

see https://github.com/spacewalkproject/spacewalk/wiki/ContributorList
for all contributors list

Some statistics

In Spacewalk 2.9, we've seen

* 41 major bugs fixed
* 318 changesets committed
* 555 commits done

User community, reporting issues

To reach the user community with questions and ideas, please use mailing
list spacewalk-list redhat com On this list, you can of course also
discuss issues you might find when installing or using Spacewalk,
but please do not be surprised if we ask you to file a bug at
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=Spacewalk with more
details or full logs.

Thank you for using Spacewalk.