[Spacewalk-list] Managing Channels/Repositories - Patching Workflow

P.Cookson at bham.ac.uk P.Cookson at bham.ac.uk
Tue Jan 15 13:00:31 UTC 2019

Hi all

I've recently built a SW 2.8 environment, added Channels/Repositories for RHEL/Oracle Linux 6/7 and successfully patched relevant client systems. I now want to know how people are managing their patching workflow - at this point in time I just want to ensure the same group of patches are applied to Dev, Test and Production after sufficient testing has been performed. If I never re-sync these repositories obviously they'll remain static and could be used for the whole workflow. However, other service areas may want their environments patched at different times with additional patches. I guess I could just create similar Channels/Repositories, at a later time, but that would be time consuming and need more disk space. I've seen references to cloning using WebUI, spacecmd -- softwarechannel_clone, spacewalk-clone-by-date or spacewalk-manage-channel-lifecycle and can research these further but just wondering what people have found to be the easiest and most reliable solution really?

Regards
Phil