[Spacewalk-list] [Spacewalk-List] Error while importing errata to Spacewalk

Steve Meier email at steve-meier.de
Wed Jul 24 11:17:56 UTC 2019

Hello,

Am 2019-07-24 10:10, schrieb Wenkai Chen:
> HI Spacewalk users,
>
> I encountered an error while trying to import errata.
>
> Fault returned from XML RPC Server, fault code 2601:
> redstone.xmlrpc.XmlRpcFault: Errata already exists with advisory
> CEBA-2018:3195
>
> This caused the entire operation to rollback. May I know if this is
> expected? Spacewalk does not have the functionality to continue if
> existing errata exist?

I assume that you are using my script (errata-import.pl). At startup
it requests a list of all existing errata from Spacewalk to distinguish
which ones need to be created and which ones should be updated
(different
API commands).

For some reason (maybe database corruption?) Spacewalk sometimes does
not
report all existing errata and then complains when the script tries to
create it.

This seems to be a Spacewalk bug that is currently not replicable. Most
people have had success by deleting all Errata and starting fresh.

Kind regards,
   Steve