[Spacewalk-list] [spacewalk-list] import red hat errata into spacewalk

Wenkai Chen wenkai_chen at ensigninfosecurity.com
Wed Jul 24 10:23:20 UTC 2019

HI Spacewalk users,

I am trying to use the script provided by http://cefs.steve-meier.de/ to download and import errata into spacewalk.
I have CentOS and RHEL channels created. So far, using the script, I am able to see CentOS errata being imported and shown in spacewalk for the respective servers.
However, for Red Hat, I am not able to see any even after running the script.

Here is my command to run the script:
errata-import.pl --server localhost --errata errata.latest.xml --rhsa-oval=com.redhat.rhsa-all.xml -publish

Is this the correct way to import and publish all errata for CentOS and Red Hat?
What is the significance of the parameter '--rhsa-oval=com.redhat.rhsa-all.xml'? Does this help in the red hat errata? Why don't I see any red hat errata being published even after having that parameter?
Do I need to run the import on separate commands for CentOS and Red Hat? Or by running the 1 single command, both red hat and centos errata would be published together?
If need to run separate for Red Hat, what is the command exactly?

Anyone can advise? Thank you.
[A close up of a sign  Description generated with very high confidence]

Chen Wenkai
Infrastructure Security Engineer

       [A picture containing building  Description generated with high confidence] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/ensign-infosecurity/>      [A picture containing tableware  Description generated with high confidence] <https://youtu.be/9J7FkhXpb-4>      [A close up of a sign  Description generated with high confidence] <https://www.facebook.com/EnsignGlobal>

  E:  wenkai_chen at ensigninfosecurity.com
  A:  30A Kallang Place, Level 9 Right Wing, Singapore 339213

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: "This email is confidential and may also be privileged. If this email has been sent to you in error, please delete it immediately and notify us. Please do not copy, distribute or disseminate part or whole of this email if you are not the intended recipient or if you have not been authorized to do so. We reserve the right, to the extent and under circumstances permitted by applicable laws, to monitor, retain, intercept and block email messages to and from our systems. Thank you."