[Spacewalk-list] [spacewalk-list] import red hat errata into spacewalk

Steve Meier email at steve-meier.de
Wed Jul 24 11:21:28 UTC 2019

Hello,

Am 2019-07-24 12:23, schrieb Wenkai Chen:
> HI Spacewalk users,
>
> I am trying to use the script provided by http://cefs.steve-meier.de/
> [1] to download and import errata into spacewalk.
>
> I have CentOS and RHEL channels created. So far, using the script, I
> am able to see CentOS errata being imported and shown in spacewalk for
> the respective servers.
>
> However, for Red Hat, I am not able to see any even after running the
> script.
>
> Here is my command to run the script:
>
> errata-import.pl --server localhost --errata errata.latest.xml
> --rhsa-oval=com.redhat.rhsa-all.xml -publish
>
> Is this the correct way to import and publish all errata for CentOS
> and Red Hat?
>
> What is the significance of the parameter
> '--rhsa-oval=com.redhat.rhsa-all.xml'? Does this help in the red hat
> errata? Why don't I see any red hat errata being published even after
> having that parameter?
>
> Do I need to run the import on separate commands for CentOS and Red
> Hat? Or by running the 1 single command, both red hat and centos
> errata would be published together?
>
> If need to run separate for Red Hat, what is the command exactly?
>
> Anyone can advise? Thank you.
>
> CHEN WENKAI

short answer: Red Hat wants you to pay for their Errata Information so
there is no easy way to get them without the proper subscription.

My script only imports Errata for CentOS which are similar but not
identical to Red Hat.

The --rhsa-oval parameter optionally loads a publicly available XML
file from Red Hat which includes additional information, such as the
description text (what the bug is, who discovered it, etc.) and which
CVEs are resolved by this update. Without it, the Errata created by
my script only have a synopsis, a package list and a list of web links
but no further details.

Kind regards,
   Steve