[Spacewalk-list] Debian package comparison failing.

Paul-Andre Panon paul-andre.panon at avigilon.com
Wed Jul 31 21:44:59 UTC 2019

On Wed, 31 Jul 2019 20:52:44 +0200,  Robert Paschedag
<robert.paschedag at web.de> wrote:

>Hi Paul,
>Problem has been solved. All good. Your code works. It was an outdated
Packages.gz file.

and philippe bidault <philippe.bidault at gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi Paul,
>Yes sorry for this, false alert, the repodata for this repository was
broken.
>Regards,
>Philippe.

No worries. I replied not seeing the later posts or realizing you folks
had already figured it out. Although that doesn't solve Phillipe's
problems with the python...~rc1... packages. That is a problem for which I
don't (yet?) have a solution, and I'm unlikely to have time to find one in
the next month as I'm supposed to be quite busy. So if someone else wants
to look at rpmstrcmp to see if they can fix it without breaking
Redhat/CentOS package compares, go for it.

Cheers,

Paul-Andre

--
At Motorola Solutions and our subsidiaries, your privacy is important to
us. That is why we have taken appropriate measures to ensure the data you
applicable laws, please contact us at privacy1 at motorolasolutions.com
<mailto:privacy1 at motorolasolutions.com>