[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk 2.6 CentOS 7 - Migrating data to Spacewalk 2.9 on new server

Rick Bakker rbakker82 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 16:59:19 UTC 2019

Hi,

I would like to migrate my Spacewalk 2.6 data running on CentOS 7.3 to a
new server setup running Spacewalk 2.9 on CentOS 7.6 I attempted to go
through the upgrade process by version listed at
https://github.com/spacewalkproject/spacewalk/wiki/HowToUpgrade but I
encounter issues due to outdated package dependencies. When attempting to
update packages the Spacewalk application and site is no longer responsive
despite locking down packages specified.

Below are the current Spacewalk 2.6 specs

OS: CentOS Linux release 7.3.1611 (Core)
Spacewalk 2.6 with embedded PostgreSQL 9.2.18
tomcat 7.0.69
Apache 2.4.6
Software Channels: centos-7-base-x86_64 and centos-7-updates-x86_64
Self signed system generated SSL cert