[Spacewalk-list] Mail Notifications

P.Cookson at bham.ac.uk P.Cookson at bham.ac.uk
Thu May 2 14:16:47 UTC 2019

Good afternoon

I have Spacewalk 2.8 installed on a RHEL 7.6 system with Postfix configured to use our own mail relay. If I send an email test, from the command line, to my personal email box I receive the email straightaway. However, I'm not receiving email Notifications, from Spacewalk, even though they are checked in the Users' Preferences screen.

I can see the following type of errors in /var/log/maillog (hostname etc made anonymous):

Is there some Spacewalk configuration that needs to be done to enable it to utilise Postfix perhaps? As an example I've seen some references to web.default_mail_from, in /etc/rhn/rhn.conf, but I'm not sure what it actually needs to be set to.

Regards

Philip Cookson
Linux Administrator
IT Services