[Spacewalk-list] [EXT]:Re: CentOS repos reappear in /etc/yum.repos.d

Gerald Vogt vogt at spamcop.net
Wed Nov 27 20:18:29 UTC 2019

On 27.11.19 20:11, Dawn Mathews John wrote:
> Just an assumption.
>
> I have been through this situation, that the /etc/yum.repos.d/ CentOS-*
> are enabled even after disabling or deleting the files. Upon

I find that most peculiar that you have centos7 repositories still
enabled even after deleting the repo files. Are you sure? After deleting
/etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base.repo  'yum repolist' does still show a
repository with repo id "base/7/x86_64"?

Whatever I tried, for me it all works as expected. If I take the
original CentOS-Base.repo (i.e. without disabling the base, updates and
extras repositories in the file) I see those repositories ids. If I
delete the file, those repositories are gone (until of course, a later
centos-release update restores it...)

> investigating I found that, updating packages by yum update will also
> update the rpm package - centos-release*.rpm. Once this RPM is
> installed, this would replace the original contents of the repo directory.

Well, each minor CentOS Update (e.g. 7.6 to 7.7. will update
centos-release and thus restore the repo file if you delete it).

However, we have all repositories in the repo files disabled, as we
provide them through spacewalk, and they are never popping up again
after any update.

-Gerald