[Spacewalk-list] info request list by a newbie

William H. ten Bensel WHTENBEN at up.com
Wed Oct 23 23:28:34 UTC 2019

Item #1   - Taken directly from one of my spacewalks config

/etc/rhn/rhn.conf

#https://www.redhat.com/archives/spacewalk-list/2016-September/msg00016.html
# The number of days to wait to hear from a system before warning that it
is not checking in.
web.system_checkin_threshold = 10

Item #2, I am not sure about that.

If you want to change more items, you can do the following in
/etc/rhn/rhn.conf:

Be aware of your hardware for these changes.  These are being applied to a
system with 12 core CPU (24 hyper),  64G RAM, 10G network, Oracle DB
running on a separate host.  Yes, overkill.

# The following overrides the defaults in
/usr/share/rhn/config-defaults/*.conf
product_name = MY PRODUCT
java.custom_header = MY CUSTOM HEADER
java.config_file_edit_size = 128
web.maximum_config_file_size = 1048576
maximum_config_file_size = 1048576

# Now I know which of my spacewalks is having issues
web.default_mail_from = MY_SPACEWALK <root at mywalk.domain>

# this setting determines web session timeout- 20150416
web.session_cookie_lifetime = 28800
web.session_database_lifetime = 28800

#
https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E92593_01/E71076/html/swk24-issues-memory.html
-- 09/06/2016
taskomatic.java.initmemory=0
taskomatic.java.maxmemory=0
taskomatic.java.additional.1=-Xms1024m
taskomatic.java.additional.2=-Xmx12288m
taskomatic.logfile.maxsize=100m
java.taskomatic_channel_repodata_workers=4
#taskomatic.logfile.loglevel = DEBUG

# Increase rhn-search https://access.redhat.com/solutions/322093
# Increased from 2G to 4G - 09/06/2019
rhn-search.java.initmemory = 1024
rhn-search.java.maxmemory = 4096
rhn-search.logfile.maxsize = 100m

#rhn-search.logfile.loglevel = DEBUG
#rhn-seach.syslog.loglevel = DEBUG

# legal note to be displayed on the login page
# (join long lines with \, HTML is okay to use)
java.legal_note = BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.

# Satellite-sync failures
# https://access.redhat.com/solutions/179023
timeout = 600