[Spacewalk-list] Package/repo update problem

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Tue Sep 3 09:40:14 UTC 2019

Olli Rajala:
> Hi,
> I have a Spacewalk 2.9 installation which behaves a bit weirdly regarding
> new packages. Based on logs, this issue has started last March and it's
> probably the date when the Spacewalk was updated from 2.6 (or 2.7) to 2.9.
> I think it was done step by step, so not directly to 2.9. But I'm not 100%
> sure.
>
> For some reason Spacewalk does not offer new packages to any of the
> clients.
>
> - Clients are checking in with Spacewalk just fine, timestamp regarding
> that is updated correctly.
> - Clients do not get any packages to update.
> - Spacewalk thinks that client systems are fine, they don't need any new
> packages.
>
> Thus this was left for unnoticed absolutely too long, because everything
> seems to be just fine. :/
>
> It doesn't matter if the client is Centos 6 or 7.
>
> Spacewalk itself is running on Centos 6.10 with SELinux enabled.
>
> Any thoughts where/how to proceed debugging?

Are there any error messages in /var/log/up2date8 on client?
Are there any error messages in /var/log/rhn/*, /var/log/tomcat*/*,
/var/log/httpd/* on the server?
Can clients download metadata from server?
Do metadata on the server contain updated packages?
Does server sync updated packages from upstream repos to channels?

> BR,
> --
> Olli Rajala
> Vaasa, Finland