[Spacewalk-list] install packages when migrating from oracle to postgres

spaceywalkey spaceywalkey at protonmail.com
Wed Sep 25 17:38:18 UTC 2019

Hi,
I need to migrate the spacewalk backend from oracle to postgres. I'm currently using spacewalk2.4 on oracle linux and I'm going through this doc for the migration:

https://github.com/spacewalkproject/spacewalk/wiki/DatabaseMigrations

However, in the Prepare New Database section, I need to install and remove some rpms:

yum remove -y spacewalk-oracle && yum install -y spacewalk-postgresql && yum remove -y spacewalk-java-oracle spacewalk-backend-sql-oracle

Whats the suggested method for doing this? From the instructions, spacewalk will be down at this step. Do I download the rpms locally using yum-downloadonly? I tried that but it complains because spacewalk-postgresql and spacewalk-oracle conflict with each other and it looks like downloadonly won't

Or maybe download the oracle linux spacewalk-2.4 rpms onto a different host? I'd prefer not to do this if there are alternatives

Thanks
Spacey