[Spacewalk-list] Permanently remove package from subscribed channel

Brian Long briandlong at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 18:49:59 UTC 2020

If you're using spacewalk-repo-sync to sync an upstream yum repo to
spacewalk, you can edit the following file:

# cat /etc/rhn/spacewalk-repo-sync/yum.conf
[ansible-rhel7-x86_64]
exclude=ansible-2.9*,ansible-test-2.9*

[epel7-centos7-x86_64]
exclude=ansible-*

[epel7-rhel7-x86_64]
exclude=ansible-*

This ensures my Spacewalk mirrors EPEL, but does not include any RPMs named
ansible (since they're no longer maintained).  It also ensures I don't
mirror ansible 2.9 from the upstream ansible-rhel7-x86_64 yum repo.

I had to clean the RPMs out of my channels manually once or twice, but
adding these statements ensure they're not mirrored in the future.

/Brian/