[Spacewalk-list] Permanently remove package from subscribed channel

Sulove Khanal skhanal at aplura.com
Fri Apr 10 13:12:39 UTC 2020

Going back to the question of permanently removing a package from a subscribed channel, I followed these steps 

 Channels --> Manage Software Channels --> Manage Repositories --> <Label> --> Filters (last field on the screen).

And put -firefox* in the filters box and clicked update repository. The name of the file(s) I am trying remove is firefox-68.6.0-1.el7.centos.x86_64, there are a few with this type of name, all beginning with firefox. I also deleted (which is temporary) the firefox packages that had already synced down previous.

The channel syncs every night, so I checked again this morning, and the package was not blocked. Any ideas why it didn’t work?

Regards,

Sulove