[Spacewalk-list] spacewalk repositories & file stores

Brian Long briandlong at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 13:47:20 UTC 2020

I'll give you an example from a RHEL 6.9 spacewalk kickstart profile.
The "url" line provides the distribution tree and that distribution
has to be used at the end of each repo line to access the Spacewalk
yum repos directly.

url --url http://spacewalk-server.domain.com/ks/dist/org/1/RHEL_6.9_x86_64_ISO
repo --name=spacewalk27-client-rhel6-x86_64
--baseurl=http://spacewalk-server.domain.com/ks/dist/child/spacewalk27-client-rhel6-x86_64/RHEL_6.9_x86_64_ISO
repo --name=rhel6-x86_64-extras
--baseurl=http://spacewalk-server.domain.com/ks/dist/child/rhel6-x86_64-extras/RHEL_6.9_x86_64_ISO
repo --name=epel6-rhel6-x86_64
--baseurl=http://spacewalk-server.domain.com/ks/dist/child/epel6-rhel6-x86_64/RHEL_6.9_x86_64_ISO
repo --name=rhel6-x86_64-updates
--baseurl=http://spacewalk-server.domain.com/ks/dist/child/rhel6-x86_64-updates/RHEL_6.9_x86_64_ISO

I could easily have a yum.conf.d file specifying
baseurl=http://spacewalk-server.domain.com/ks/dist/child/spacewalk27-client-rhel6-x86_64/RHEL_6.9_x86_64_ISO
to directly access the Spacewalk 2.7 client RPMs without having
Spacewalk already installed.

Hope this helps.

/Brian/