[Spacewalk-list] [External Sender] spacewalk repositories & file stores

Larry Clegg lclegg at kyriba.com
Thu Feb 6 19:49:14 UTC 2020

I just did this exact same thing.  But I did not use the data in SW.  I
just created a separate mount point of size 50G and then did the usual
reposync/createrepo steps.   50G was enough for me to hold a static copy of
all Centos6/Centos7 including updates and extras plus EPEL6 and EPEL7 plus
Spacewalk client for Centos6 & 7.  We needed all these for newborn systems
since they can't reach the Internet.

On Thu, Feb 6, 2020 at 11:24 AM Laurence Rosen <lrosen at interactions.com>
wrote:

> Not even sure how to search (google) for this subject.
>
> I want to setup a locally available yum repo via http I can use to
> initially install the spacewalk client without internet access.
> I currently have mirrored some repos via mrepo and serve those dir out to
> new client systems for easy client prms installation.
>
> The problem with this is it is duplicating the internal spacewalk repos
> I've setup wasting mus storage.
>
> Is there a way to utilize the all the cached data in spacewalk and serve
> out as yum repos rather than having another copy of all the rpms in
> /var/ww/mrepo?
>
> I am probably missing something stupid simple.  Also please direct me to
> any further documentation that describes how the spacewalk repo system
> works in detail.  I am constantly feeling
>
> --
>
> Larry R

> This e-mail and any of its attachments may contain Interactions LLC
> proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to
> copyright belonging to the Interactions LLC. This e-mail is intended solely
> for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you
> are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that
> any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to
> the contents of and attachments to this e-mail is strictly prohibited and
> may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify
> the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of
> this e-mail and any printout. Thank You.

*Larry E. Clegg*

Systems Administrator| Kyriba

[Address] 9620 Towne Centre Drive | Suite 250 | San Diego, California |
92121
www.kyriba.com | Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/KyribaCorp> | Twitter
<https://twitter.com/kyribacorp> | LinkedIn
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/kyriba-corporation> | Blog