[Spacewalk-list] spacecmd answers not consistent

Peirce, Dean Dean.Peirce at cengage.com
Wed Jan 22 13:49:13 UTC 2020

Hi all,
I’ve got a bit of a head scratcher…
spacewalk 2.7 server on Centos 7.
spacewalk client is Centos 7 and up to date and freshly registered in SW.

If I run the command below from the newly registered client, I get no answer.

/usr/bin/spacecmd --server=spacewalk.foobar.com —user=xxxxxxxx —password=xxxxxxxx --nossl group_list mn3s1in025

But if I run the same command (within a second or two) from the command line on the spacewalk server itself I get the expected output.

Now, having written the above, I ran the command again from the client, and got the expected answer…

What can I do to get the initial spacecmd command to return results quicker?

I’m trying to automate group membership, and want to do a quick check from the client, to make sure the groups chosen actually exist, among other things

Thanks in advance

Dean