[Spacewalk-list] rhn-setup for CentOS 8 not available on our Spacewalk

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Fri Jan 31 14:18:36 UTC 2020

Cook, Bruce:
> Our CentOS 8 channel on our Spacwalk server gets synced regularly but we have noticed the rhn-setup package is not part of that channel.
>
> How do we get that? We'd like to have the more recent stable version available from the CentOS  8 channel.
>
> There's this downloadable from https://pkgs.org/download/rhn-setup for rhn-setup version 2.8.16,  but it does not list anything for rhn-setup version 2.9.36 or 2.9.12

Hello,

rhn-setup is part of CentOS AppStream channel and newest version there
is really 2.8.16.

There is no released version of spacewalk client packages for CentOS 8 yet.

You can try development version from
https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/g/spacewalkproject/nightly-client/.
Remember this is development version and may contain bugs.

> Thanks,
>    Bruce

Michael Mráka
System Management Engineering, Red Hat