[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk 2.10 Released!

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Wed Mar 18 15:10:02 UTC 2020

Hello everyone,

We are proudly announcing release of Spacewalk 2.10, a systems management solution.

Spacewalk 2.10 could be installed on

  * RHEL 6
  * RHEL 7
  * Fedora 30
  * Fedora 31

The download location is
  * https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/g/spacewalkproject/spacewalk-2.10/

with client repositories under
  * https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/g/spacewalkproject/spacewalk-2.10-client/

For fresh installations, please use steps from

  * https://github.com/spacewalkproject/spacewalk/wiki/HowToInstall

If you plan to upgrade from older release, search no more -- the following page will guide you:

  * https://github.com/spacewalkproject/spacewalk/wiki/HowToUpgrade

Features & Enhancements in Spacewalk 2.10

  * Spacewalk now installable on Fedora 30 and 31
  * Spacewalk supports Fedora 30 and 31, Red Hat Enterprise Linux and CentOS 8 clients
  * Number of bugfixes and security fixes

The up-to-date API documentation can be found at
http://spacewalkproject.github.io/documentation/api/2.10/

Contributors

Our thanks go to the community members who contributed to this release:

 * Christian Hailer
 * Eduardo Suarez-Santana
 * Elena Zaharia
 * Jay McCanta
 * Josef Hak
 * Kenny Tordeurs
 * Kim Sondrup
 * Laurence Rochfort
 * Michael Mraka
 * Robert Paschedag
 * Rostislav Medvěd
 * Stefan Bluhm
 * Tomas Kasparek
 * Vladislav Belogrudov
 * Yuriy Kashirin

Some statistics

In Spacewalk 2.10, we've seen

    * 46 major bugs fixed
    * 230 changesets committed
    * 429 commits done

User community, reporting issues

To reach the user community with questions and ideas, please use
mailing list spacewalk-list at redhat.com. On this list, you can of
course also discuss issues you might find when installing or using
Spacewalk, but please do not be surprised if we ask you to file a bug
at https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=Spacewalk with more
details or full logs.

Thank you for using Spacewalk.

--