[Spacewalk-list] can't create a rhel7 kickstart tree

oogiejonz at yahoo.com oogiejonz at yahoo.com
Thu May 28 14:26:16 UTC 2020

I'm trying to set up kickstart on our spacewalk for the first time.  We have a pretty old version, 2.7.  I can create a centos kickstart tree, but when I try to create a rhel version the sync says Kickstartable tree not detected (no valid treeinfo file)Is there something special you have to do for rhel, or is it not possible to create a kickstart tree for rhel using spacewalk?I saw in On Red Hat Satellite 5.8 new channels are not available for sync. - Red Hat Customer Portal

|  |  |

|  |
On Red Hat Satellite 5.8 new channels are not available for sync. - Red ...

The newest kickstart-trees for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.5,7.6 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.10 are not availa...

It says "Install the latest cdn-sync-mappings package on the Satellite server" but I don't see cdn-sync-mappings in any of our repos, so I was thinking maybe it is only available for satellite, not spacewalk?