[Tendrl-devel] integrating tendrl into other projects

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 01:47:57 UTC 2016

[dropping the internal list; it isn't specifically required to
continue with this conversation]

On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 10:53 PM, Jeff Applewhite <japplewh at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 12:37 PM, Ken Dreyer <kdreyer at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I've heard references to plans about integrating USM with OSP-Director
>> (cc'ing Jeff Layton here), and there are other integrations we need to
>> do as well (for example, integrate USM into Ceph's test framework,
>> Teuthology.)

The Teuthology integration is not something which has come up in
recent conversations and thus this is a somewhat new perspective.
Could we consider a separate thread to continue with this? At this
stage it would be relevant to understand what the scope and intended
outcome is.

> Yes that direction is unclear now. What has been committed to firmly is a
> manual import process for the next OSP release based on the existing RHSC2
> import feature. We received push back on integrating OSP 10 into development
> efforts due to the lack of an upstream community (TripleO team primarily).
> We are taking steps to fix this. The target for integration might be OSP11
> (not due to USM's lack of willingness to do the work, but rather the
> upstream efforts required).
>
>> Right now Tendrl upstream barely exists, so there is almost nothing to
>> integrate.

JeffA has responded to the other parts of the original email. I wanted
to seek a bit of clarity about the above concern. What was the
expectation otherwise?

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<https://about.me/sankarshan.mukhopadhyay>