[Thincrust-devel] EBS Support on thincrust EC2 ami's not working..

Bryan Kearney bkearney at redhat.com
Tue Dec 9 15:02:22 UTC 2008

Bryan Kearney wrote:
> See below:
>
> Jon Steer wrote:
>> I was pretty psyched when I tripped across the thincrust AMI's. I had
>> been looking for stripped down appliance AMI's.  Unfortunately, I
>> discovered that neither the F8 or F9 AMI's will attach to a EBS volume.

Just following up. What steps did you use. I did the followng:

- Created a volume from ElasticFox
- Launched an Thincrust-F9 instance.
- Attached it to a running instance on device /dev/sdb
- did mkfs -t ext3 /dev/sdb
- mount -f ext3 /dev/sdb /mnt2

And I could access it. from the images. i could then unmount it and
re-mount it on another Thincrust-F9 and a Thincrust-F8 machine.

-- bk