[Thincrust-devel] Multiple appliances per image?

Bryan Kearney bkearney at redhat.com
Tue Dec 16 13:37:01 UTC 2008

Bob McWhirter wrote:
> Howdy--
>
> I've been working on fairly fine-grained appliances, with the
> "appliance" as my unit of division.
>
> But some of these appliances are small, and could cohabitate within the
> same image.  Looking at lib/ace.rb, though, am I correct to assume that
> ACE really likes exactly 1 appliance on a machine at a time?

That was the thinking. It would be trivial to allow it to handle more
then one appliance, run it serially. Would that be the desired
behaviour? Another solution would be to combine the puppet files into a
single file.

Do you have a preference? If not, I can knock out the former and let you
give it a try.

-- bk