[Thincrust-devel] Fwd: Extending Thincrust F10 AMI fails

Jon Steer jon.steer at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 14:21:09 UTC 2008

Attempted to extend and rebundle the thincrust F10 ami (ami-3e56b257) .. but
it failed when doing ec2-bundle-vol.

 mount: could not find any free loop device
ERROR: execution failed: "mount -o loop /mnt/my-thincrust-f10-base-20081221
/mnt/img-mnt"

losetup -a

returned nothing.

I modified modprobe.conf with
options loop max_loop=8

which I don't think should be required. When doing
modprobe loop

got
FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/2.6.16-xenU/modules.dep: No such file or
directory

So, I'm presuming I can't rebundle the F10 image due to either some issue
with the F10 image or when Amazon is injecting the kernel and libraries.

jon
Postscript
Some additional information.. after googling about, it appears that if I
grab the f9 /lib/modules/2.6.16-xenU  I might be able to make this work, but
I haven't a moment yet.

--
"Don't stand still, if you see me running down the road, 'cause there is
trouble right behind me".