[Thincrust-devel] eth0 interface doesn't come up on latest derived F10 AMI

Jon Steer jon.steer at gmail.com
Sat Dec 27 00:16:15 UTC 2008

This is a stumper..
Last week I took the newly rev'ed F10 AMI, booted it, and made a few
derivatives of it.
They all worked, last week.

Today, I tried to boot up the derivatives and they failed with the following
information in the console.

Bringing up interface eth0:
Determining IP information for eth0...RTNETLINK answers: No such process
 done.
RTNETLINK answers: Network is down
[  OK  ]
Starting system logger: [  OK  ]
Starting system message bus: [  OK  ]
Mounting other filesystems:  [  OK  ]
Starting sshd: [  OK  ]
curl: (7) Failed to connect to 169.254.169.254: Network is unreachable
Updating ec2-ami-tools
curl: (6) Couldn't resolve host 's3.amazonaws.com'
Fedora release 10.90 (Rawhide)
Kernel 2.6.21.7-2.fc8xen on an i686 (/dev/xvc0)

I'm a little confused on how this could have worked previously (I created
each AMI, and then booted it to make sure it worked) and now it doesn't?
Obviously, the network driver isn't being loaded?

jon

--
"Don't stand still, if you see me running down the road, 'cause there is
trouble right behind me".