[Thincrust-devel] Problems with RHEL kickstart file

Alan Pevec apevec at redhat.com
Wed Jun 11 20:10:42 UTC 2008

Dwain Sims wrote:
> I am having some trouble with the RHEL5 kickstart file that Bryan gave
> me yesterday.  The error message is attached.  Line 32 is the %end
> statement after the for the %packages section.

%end was introduced in F8, so anaconda/pykickstart < F8 can't parse that (RHEL5 is ~FC6)

using ksflatten --version=rhel5 on F9 should[1] either produce RHEL5 parsable kickstart or die with the error message complaining about unsupported option: If so remove it, rinse, repeat.
e.g.
ksflatten --version=rhel5 aos-rawhide.ks
Failed to parse kickstart file 'aos-rawhide.ks' : The following problem occurred on line 0 of the kickstart file:

no such option: --timeout
Workaround is to remove offending option and try again:
-bootloader --timeout=1 --append="acpi=force"
+bootloader --append="acpi=force"

[1] http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=pykickstart.git;a=commit;h=7e0ff8ff9e36bb64bf78b65a7629fa21ab5793c1