[Thincrust-devel] Kickstart woes

Bryan Kearney bkearney at redhat.com
Thu Jun 12 14:41:06 UTC 2008

See below

Dwain Sims wrote:
> I have created a yum repository for our software and I have it available
> from http.  Createrepo seemed to do the right thing.   So in my
> kickstart I have
>

> repo --name=lknfs --baseurl=http://localhost/lknfs

Assuming that you see this addres, and there is a repodata directory in
there you are good.

> My main question is how do I tell kickstart to install all of the RPMs
> in this repository?

In the %packages section you need to list the packages you would like to
install. Kickstrt (via yum) will pull in the rest. You could create a
group for yum to use, but that explicit list will be easier.

> Since our application is many RPMs, is  ThinCrust going to work OK with
> us?    I guess I am concerned that our install is too complicated for
> this to work right.

Should be no issue.

-- bk