[Thincrust-devel] Blog post

Bob McWhirter bmcwhirt at redhat.com
Thu Oct 16 17:24:54 UTC 2008

> Thanks for the blog post [1].  Just to let you know, I think the
> fedora remix mark may be close to approval. Once that is done, we
> should re-spin your stuff to make it a remix.

Sounds good.  That's just an extra Fedora mark useful for custom
Fedora-based spins?

> When you get a chance, can you post your most recent recipe?

Sure thing.  The interesting bits are scattered about, but here's
the .spec and .ks

	http://github.com/bobmcwhirter/thincrust-ace/tree/master/specs/jboxx5_appliance.spec
	http://github.com/bobmcwhirter/thincrust-ace/tree/master/resources/jboxx5Appliance-f9.ks

And my offensive jbossas.rpm:

	http://github.com/bobmcwhirter/jboss-rpm/tree/master/specs/jbossas.spec

Ultimately, I forsee multiple spins of jboxx appliances (and some non-
jboxx appliances) when used in production.  A simple spin for AS-as-it-
ships, but others for running cluster nodes, or web front-ends, or DB,
etc.

I've obviously just git-forked the 'ace' repository, which seems like
the suboptimal way to work with it all.  But I wasn't sure how much of
ACE expected my stuff to be under/relative to ACEHOME.

ie, appliance-creator seems to insist on being run within resources/
if it wants to find the splash xpm, etc.

Plus, I've noticed both you and myself have .ks with paths on our
localhost to repositories.  Does kickstart support macros or
variables, or is anyone interested in throwing erb or m4 into the mix?

	-Bob