[Thincrust-devel] Fedora 12 issues

Jared Smith jaredsmith at jaredsmith.net
Sat Dec 5 00:35:32 UTC 2009

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 4:46 PM, Thomas S Hatch <thatch45 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am having an issue with appliance-creator and fedora 12.  when I attempt
> to make any appliance it spits out a python error:

You're not the only one...

> Any idea what is going on?  Is this a known bug?

I have a *bit* of a clue as to what's happening.  Something changed
with regards to the way parted handles drives after it's changed the
partition tables.  The appliance-creator program doesn't like the
return value from parted, so it throws an error.  Unfortunately,
there's a typo in the line that gets printed to tell you there's an
error, so it throws even more errors.

Someone else on the list (who I'm sure is much more clueful than I am)
said he was looking at this a few days ago, but I haven't seen any
follow-up on it.  In the meantime, I've got an open bug in bugzilla
(525900) which documents the typo, but not what changed with regards
to parted.

-Jared Smith