[Thincrust-devel] trying ace-0.0.5

Aron Griffis aron at hp.com
Mon Jan 12 00:05:53 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I'm playing around with thincrust for the first time.  I started
by installing F10 on a DL380 and updating it to Rawhide for the
sake of ace-0.0.5.  The only caveat is that I'm stuck on the F10
kernel because of issues booting after the update (see BZ 479602
if you're interested, but it's unrelated to thincrust).

Next I ran through the instructions at
http://thincrust.net/tooling.html to attempt to build an
appliance for the first time.  The first thing I noticed is that
the line:

# appliance-creator -n thincrust --config /usr/share/spin-kickstarts/aos-{VERSION}.ks

seems to be wrong.  The closest match to the given filename is
fedora-aos.ks, unless I'm missing another package.  My initial
attempt using the rawhide repo failed, so I tried again with
a local fedora10 repo:

# appliance-creator -n thincrust --config /usr/share/spin-kickstarts/fedora10-aos-local.ks

Amidst a number of errors and warnings (two at the top regarding
loop0 partitions, plus later errors from rpm scripts), that
seemed to pass successfully, but attempting to start the domain
fails:

# cd thincrust
# virt-image thincrust.xml

Creating guest thincrust...
Domain creation may not have been
successful.  If it was, you can restart your domain
by running 'virsh start thincrust'; otherwise, please
restart your installation.
ERROR    internal error Network 'default' not found
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/virt-image", line 237, in <module>
    main()
  File "/usr/bin/virt-image", line 221, in main
    dom = guest.start_install(None, progresscb, options.replace)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/virtinst/Guest.py", line 732, in start_install
    return self._do_install(consolecb, meter, removeOld, wait)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/virtinst/Guest.py", line 767, in _do_install
    self.domain = self.conn.createLinux(install_xml, 0)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 915, in createLinux
    if ret is None:raise libvirtError('virDomainCreateLinux() failed', conn=self)
libvirtError: internal error Network 'default' not found

I'll keep poking at it, but is this error immediately familiar to anybody?

Thanks,
Aron