[Thincrust-devel] trying ace-0.0.5

Bryan Kearney bkearney at redhat.com
Mon Jan 12 13:59:12 UTC 2009

Aron Griffis wrote:
> Hi all,

Hello.. thanks for trying out the tools!

> I'm playing around with thincrust for the first time.  I started
> by installing F10 on a DL380 and updating it to Rawhide for the
> sake of ace-0.0.5.  The only caveat is that I'm stuck on the F10
> kernel because of issues booting after the update (see BZ 479602
> if you're interested, but it's unrelated to thincrust).
>
> Next I ran through the instructions at
> http://thincrust.net/tooling.html to attempt to build an
> appliance for the first time.  The first thing I noticed is that
> the line:
>
> # appliance-creator -n thincrust --config /usr/share/spin-kickstarts/aos-{VERSION}.ks
>
> seems to be wrong.  The closest match to the given filename is
> fedora-aos.ks, unless I'm missing another package.  My initial
> attempt using the rawhide repo failed, so I tried again with
> a local fedora10 repo:
>
> # appliance-creator -n thincrust --config /usr/share/spin-kickstarts/fedora10-aos-local.ks

You are correct.. this was a mistake with the doco. I have updtated the
site.

> Amidst a number of errors and warnings (two at the top regarding
> loop0 partitions, plus later errors from rpm scripts), that
> seemed to pass successfully, but attempting to start the domain
> fails:
>
> # cd thincrust
> # virt-image thincrust.xml
>

> Creating guest thincrust...
> Domain creation may not have been
> successful.  If it was, you can restart your domain
> by running 'virsh start thincrust'; otherwise, please
> restart your installation.
> ERROR    internal error Network 'default' not found
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/virt-image", line 237, in <module>
>     main()
>   File "/usr/bin/virt-image", line 221, in main
>     dom = guest.start_install(None, progresscb, options.replace)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/virtinst/Guest.py", line 732, in start_install
>     return self._do_install(consolecb, meter, removeOld, wait)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/virtinst/Guest.py", line 767, in _do_install
>     self.domain = self.conn.createLinux(install_xml, 0)
>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 915, in createLinux
>     if ret is None:raise libvirtError('virDomainCreateLinux() failed', conn=self)
> libvirtError: internal error Network 'default' not found
>
> I'll keep poking at it, but is this error immediately familiar to anybody?

The default network is created by libvirt when it is started. Can you
please check the status of the libvirtd service? If it is not started,
please start it and try the virt-image command again.

-- bk