[Thincrust-devel] support for lsilogic controler

Marek Goldmann mgoldman at redhat.com
Tue Jul 7 08:17:04 UTC 2009

After I applied this patch [1] to F11 appliance-tools (appliance-
tools-004-3.fc11.noarch) VMware appliances are booting again without
problems!

Is there any chance to release a package with this patch in near future?

[1] https://www.redhat.com/archives/thincrust-devel/2009-January/msg00025.html

--Marek

On 2009-07-06, at 13:08, Marek Goldmann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Appliances build using F11 appliance-creator aren't working on
> VMware (SCSI disk, lsilogic controller): freezing on "creating
> initial device nodes". I think this is related to an old thread in
> this mailing list.
>
> In January there was a talk about this issue [1], a patch was
> created [2] and a package was released (only for testing). What
> happened to this patch in F11? What with 'device' directive in
> kickstart file? Is it usable?
>
> Thanks for info!
>
> [1] https://www.redhat.com/archives/thincrust-devel/2009-January/msg00010.html
> [2] https://www.redhat.com/archives/thincrust-devel/2009-January/msg00025.html