[Thincrust-devel] support for lsilogic controler

David Huff dhuff at redhat.com
Tue Jul 7 13:44:04 UTC 2009

>> Hi,
>>
>> Appliances build using F11 appliance-creator aren't working on VMware
>> (SCSI disk, lsilogic controller): freezing on "creating initial device
>> nodes". I think this is related to an old thread in this mailing list.
>>
>> In January there was a talk about this issue [1], a patch was created
>> [2] and a package was released (only for testing). What happened to
>> this patch in F11? What with 'device' directive in kickstart file? Is
>> it usable?
>>
>> Thanks for info!
>>
>> [1]
>> https://www.redhat.com/archives/thincrust-devel/2009-January/msg00010.html
>>
>> [2]
>> https://www.redhat.com/archives/thincrust-devel/2009-January/msg00025.html
>>

>> --
>> Marek Goldmann

This patch is already applied upstream and was dependent upon a
livecd-tools update, which has been released in F11.  BK did some quick
testing and everything looks fine.

I will do a build today for F11 with the latest patches which should fix
this problem.  Thanks for pointing this out.

I'll reply to the list when the build is complete.

-David