[Thincrust-devel] Need help configuring adk2

Cameron Ross cross at symbotica.net
Fri Sep 11 18:16:04 UTC 2009

Hi

I've been trying out adk2 () and have some feedback for you.  I am
installing on to a fresh install of FC11 x86_64 with all of the current
updates applied.  I've been following the instruction outline in the adk2
README and have the following questions/comments:

1) Where do you suggest the ec2 api tools be installed?  Its not clear from
what I've read of the ec2 documentation.

2) Maybe move the instruction to execute '. adk.rc' up to just below ec2
install instructions.  This will define ADK_HOME before it is referred to in
the instructions.

3) Maybe make a few suggestions on what might need to change within the yml
files.

4) When 'adk list appliances' is executed I get the error "ImportError: No
module named Cheetah.Template".  Executing 'yum install python-cheetah' does
the trick for me.

5) The following warnings and errors are generated when I execute 'adk
gather jeos':
/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/Cheetah/CacheRegion.py:30:
DeprecationWarning: the md5 module is deprecated; use hashlib instead
  import md5
/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/virtconv/diskcfg.py:21: DeprecationWarning:
The popen2 module is deprecated.  Use the subprocess module.
  import popen2
f11
f11/primary_db
f11-updates
f11-updates/primary_db
f11/group_gz
f11-updates/group_gz
Pungi:WARNING: Could not find a match for yaboot in any configured repo
WARNING:Pungi:Could not find a match for yaboot in any configured repo
Pungi:WARNING: Could not find a match for lokkit in any configured repo
WARNING:Pungi:Could not find a match for lokkit in any configured repo
Pungi:WARNING: Could not find a match for ppc64-utils in any configured repo
WARNING:Pungi:Could not find a match for ppc64-utils in any configured repo
Pungi:WARNING: Could not find a match for iprutils in any configured repo
WARNING:Pungi:Could not find a match for iprutils in any configured repo
Pungi:WARNING: Could not find a match for s390utils in any configured repo
WARNING:Pungi:Could not find a match for s390utils in any configured repo
Error: Cannot find a source rpm for epylog-1.0.3-9.fc11

I get the same sort of error when I try to gather the live appliance.

I think both thincrust and adk2 has the potential to become a great tool for
implementing appliances.  Keep up the great work!

Thanks much,
Cameron.